How to Change Your Samsung® Refrigerator Water Filter
Where Is the Water Filter on the Samsung® Refrigerator?
- For instance, the French Doors and Four Flex models have their water filters somewhere in-between the produce drawers on the French door fresh food section.
- Alternatively, if you have a side-by-side Samsung® refrigerator, your water filter will most likely be on the fresh food side, to the right of the bottom drawer.
How Can You Know the Model Number of Your Samsung® Refrigerator?
Introducing Different Models of Samsung® Refrigerator Water Filter
Samsung® HAF-CIN/EXP Water Filter
Samsung® HAF-QIN Water Filter
Samsung® HAF-CU1/EXP Water Filter
When Should You Change Your Samsung® Refrigerator Water Filter?
How to Install the Samsung® Refrigerator Internal Water Filter?
- Identify where the water filter is in your fridge.
- If your refrigerator filter has a protective lid, lift it and turn it counter-clockwise. You may find it difficult to raise the cover if the built-up pressure is much. In that case, dispense some water to reduce the pressure before pulling again.
- Detach the new filter from the packaging and remove the protective cap.
- Push the detached filter into place.
- Once in place, turn it clockwise and look out for the lock symbol to align with the arrow.
- If there is a filter lid, replace it.
- Test the performance of the newly-installed filter by running several liters of water. This will flush out the air in the line and prevent future leaks.
- Reset your refrigerator’s filter light.
How to Install the Samsung® Refrigerator External Water Filter?
- Look for the isolation valve in the refrigerator; it is usually around the water supply line. Turn it off.
- You need to depressurize the system by drawing a large glass of water from the fridge’s water outlet.
- With a bucket and towel handy, press the locking collar at the end of the old filter with your thumbnail while pulling out the water supply line. This should remove the old filter. Hold down the locking collar with your finger or a strong-edged object if the hose is not sliding out.
- Ensure the plastic tube is cut straight with no jagged edges. You can do this with a Stanley knife or any other sharp object. This is necessary to prevent leaks from the tube.
- Next is to install the rinsed new filter. Rinse the filter by holding it under a running tap or sink or submerging it into a bucket of water. Rinsing is necessary for a few reasons – it gets rid of any loose carbon and activates the carbon block for efficient filtration performance.
- Insert the new filter approx. 5-10mm until it sits in place, with the inlet side corresponding with the flow direction.
- Have the filter in the bucket and turn on the water until five liters of water flow through the filter into the bucket. With the water supply off, now connect the line that feeds into the fridge.
- Turn on the water supply and allow about two liters of water to run through the system.
- Set up the replacement date sticker. It is best to have it in an open place in the refrigerator door.
- Finally, reset your refrigerator’s filter light.
Should You Turn Water off to Change Your Samsung® Refrigerator Filter?
Contaminants Detected in Fruitland Water Special Service District
EXCEED EWG HEALTH GUIDELINES
30 Total Contaminants in Your Water
Water ProviderFruitland Water Special Service District