How to Change Your Whirlpool® Refrigerator Water Filter
Why You Should Replace Your Whirlpool® Refrigerator Water Filter?
What You Should Know Before Changing the Refrigerator Filter?
How to Change Your Whirlpool® Refrigerator Water Filter?
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 1 W10295370A EDR1RXD1 Kenmore® 46-9081 FILTER 1
- Find the fridge’s filter compartment located toward the right upper corner portion of the inside. Please note: You may have to remove the upper shelf.
- Lift the filter cover upwards to initiate the filter’s automatic slide out function.
- The old filter will slide all the way out. Please note: the arrow on the end will be facing up, and the water will automatically shut off.
- Throw away the old filter, and prepare the new filter cartridge.
- Simply slide it in, lining up the arrow (on end) upwards.
- Push the new filter in gently, until it stops, with arrow facing up.
- Close the filter cover, noticing how the filter goes in and locks.
- If you had to remove a shelf to replace the water filter, you may now reinstall the shelf.
- If your fridge features a change filter indicator, you may now reset it.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 2 W10413645A EDR2RXD1 Kenmore® 46-9082 FILTER 2
- You will find the filter compartment toward the top in a flip down cover.
- Remove the upper shelf, if necessary.
- To open the filter compartment gently push on the filter cover.
- As the filter drops down you will remove it by pushing in and turning counterclockwise. Then you may pull straight out – the water auto shuts off.
- Throw away the used filter. Replace with a fresh filter cartridge.
- The new one will feature a notch on the end, which should face upward during installation.
- Push it into the fridge, ensuring the notch faces upward. With a gentle push, twist the filter clockwise until locking into place.
- To lock into the compartment, push the filter in an upward motion, and close the cover.
- If you removed a shelf, this is the time to reinstall it back into place.
- If your fridge features a change filter indicator, you may reset it now.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 3 4396841 EDR3RXD1 Kenmore® 46-9083 FILTER 3
- You will find the filter placed toward the bottom grill. Press the button situated to the left to release the water filter.
- Continue pulling the filter out straight toward you. At this point, the water will auto shut off.
- This fridge utilizes a reusable color-keyed cap that will need removed.
- Now you may discard the old filter, and replace with a fresh one.
- You must twist the colored cap onto the end of the new filter.
- Click the new filter into place by pushing it straight into the compartment. It’s important that you push until you hear it click into place. Otherwise, it may be prone to leaking and further damage to flooring and surrounding appliances.
- At this point, take a moment to reset your change filter light indicator if applicable.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 4 UKF8001 EDR4RXD1 Kenmore® 46-9084 FILTER 4
- The filter is located in a flip down compartment located toward the upper right section of the refrigerator. Unlatch the plastic filter cover, and allow it to swing the filter down into view.
- Twist the old filter counterclockwise as you are pushing in until the filter is free.
- Once the old filter slides straight out you discard may discard of it.
- Replace with a new filter by pushing it into the fridge, twisting clockwise until it’s completely installed.
- The plastic filter cover will snap closed by pushing.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 5 4396508 EDR5RXD1 Kenmore® 46-9085 FILTER 5
- Using a quarter-turn counterclockwise twist, remove the old filter.
- The water will shut off automatically, enabling you to pull the filter straight out.
- The color-keyed filter cap may be removed from the end. Please note, this piece is reusable.
- Discard of the used filter, and prepare the new one.
- Reuse the colored filter cap onto the new filter.
- To install, push the new filter into the fridge until it’s completely inserted.
- Complete the installation with a quarter-turn clockwise twist.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 6 4396701 EDR6D1 Kenmore® 46-9915 FILTER 6
- The old filter may be twisted with a quarter-turn counterclockwise motion.
- Remember, the water will auto shutoff, so you may pull the old filter straight out.
- The fully reusable color-keyed filter cap may be removed.
- Throw away the old filter and prepare your replacement.
- You can slide the reusable filter cap over the end of your new filter cartridge.
- To install, gently push the new filter into the compartment of the fridge, until it stops moving.
- Using a quarter-turn clockwise twist, click the new filter into place.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 7 UKF7003 EDR7D1 FILTER 7
- Identify the internal fridge filter located toward the right rear of the unit, seated in a vertical position.
- Twist in a counterclockwise motion until the old filter is free.
- Pull the filter straight down to remove, and discard of it properly.
- The new filter may be pushed into the fridge, and set with a clockwise twist.
Whirlpool® Refrigerator Filter 8 8171413 EDR8D1 Kenmore® 46-9002 FILTER 8
- The old filter may be removed with a quarter-turn counterclockwise twist.
- The water shuts off automatically at this point, so you may pull the filter straight down.
- Discard of the old filter, and replace with new.
- Simply insert the new filter into the fridge compartment, and push it in until it stops.
- Using a quarter-turn clockwise twist, click the filter into place.
Maintaining Your Fridge Water Filter System
Whirlpool is a registered trademark of WHIRLPOOL PROPERTIES, INC.; Whirlpool, is used for reference purposes only.
Contaminants Detected in Fruitland Water Special Service District
EXCEED EWG HEALTH GUIDELINES
30 Total Contaminants in Your Water
Water ProviderFruitland Water Special Service District