- [International Certification] NSF 53, 42, 372 certified - tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard. (For detailed information, please refer to the performance data sheet in the instruction manual.)
- [Long-Lasting Service Life] Provides 6 months or 300 gallons of refreshing water.
- [Top-Notch Filter Material] The filter material in this filter is a 100% Sri Lankan selected coconut shell carbon block, with 2x larger surface area and more micropores.
- [BPA-Free and Food-Grade Materials] We prioritize your safety.
- [Replacement Model] Compatible Models: LG® LT500P®, 5231JA2002A, ADQ72910901, Kenmore GEN11042FR-08, 46-9890, ATAG AK100V, 6572447, 88009234. Please check the full list below for more details.
- *LG® is a registered trademark of LG CORP.
- *LG® is used for reference purposes only.
Waterdrop Replacement for LG® LT500P® 5231JA2002A Refrigerator Water Filter
NSF 42&53&372 certified to reduce over 8 contaminants, lead free material, activated carbon block
Regular price $16.99
Sale price $16.99 Regular price
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
Sign up for restock notifications
NSF 53, 42, 372
300 gallons (1137 liters) / 6 months
0.5 gpm (1.9 lpm)
20-100 psi (140-689 kPa)
33-100 °F / 0.6-38 °C
The Waterdrop WDS-LT500P® is compatible with the following model numbers:
Filter Models: LT500P®, 5231JA2002A, 5231JA2002A-S, 5231JA2002B, 5231JA2002B-S, ADQ72910901, ADQ72910902, ADQ72910907, CNZ5231JA2002A, T2004CNZ1648-0019
Refrigerator Models: LFX25778SB, LFX25778ST, LFX25778SW, LFX25973D, LFX25973SB, LFX25973ST, LFX25973SW, LFX25974SB, LFX25974ST, LFX25974SW, LFXS24566S, LFXS24626D, LFXS24626S, LMX25964SS, LMX25964ST, LRSC21934SB, LRSC21934SW, LRSC21934TT, LRSC21935SB, LRSC21935SW, LRSC21935TT, LRSC23915SW, LRSPC266IT, LSC20913SW, LSC20913TT, LSC21943ST, LSC23924SB, LSC23924ST, LSC23924SW, LSC23954ST, LSC23954SW, LSC26905SB, LSC26905ST, LSC26905SW, LSC26905TT, LSC27910SB, LSC27910ST, LSC27910SW, LSC27910TT, LSC27911ST, LSC27911SW, LSC27914SB, LSC27914ST, LSC27914SW, LSC27914TT, LSC27921SB, LSC27921ST, LSC27921SW, LSC27921TT, LSC27925SB, LSC27925ST, LSC27925SW
AK100V, 6572447, 88009234
9890, 46-9890, 469890, GEN11042F-08, GEN11042FR-08
HDX FML-1, Tier1 RWF1050, Icepure, Golden Icepure, Pureplus RWF0100A, Icepure Pro RWF0100AH, Ecoaqua EFF-6005A, Refresh R-9890, WaterSentinel WSL-1, Denali Pure WF-LT500P®, Aqua Fresh WF290, K&J KJ500, Dista DWF-1, AQUACREST AQF-LT500P®, Filterlogic FL-RF05, Waterspecialist WS605B, Maxblue MB-LT500P®-P
*The following claims have not been tested and certified by NSF: compatibility claims.
The above statement is accordance with the NSF General Policy 25. Please note the certification information is only applicable to Waterdrop, not representing other brands on this page.
**The above brands do not source or sponsor the water filter. The manufacturers' names and model numbers have been used for reference purposes only.
The manufacturer is Hong Kong Ecoaqua Co., Limited. Made in P.R.C
How is Waterdrop Replacement for LG® LT500P® water filter different from the original brand?
- 1. Filtration performance: Waterdrop Replacement for LG® LT500P® water filter has the same effective filtration performance as the original brand, providing you with safe and healthy drinking water.
- 2. Filter life: LG® LT500P® water filter has the same filter life as the original brand.
- 3. Price: Waterdrop water filter is a cost-effective choice. Its price is much lower than that of the original brand.
- 4. Compatibility: Waterdrop replacement water filter is perfectly compatible with the original-brand refrigerator.
- Our team values customer's feelings and provides you with products that are eco-friendly. Please enjoy our innovative design and excellent filtration performance.
What substances does LG® fridge water filter remove?
- This Waterdrop replacement for LG® fridge water filter adopts superior filtration material. It has been tested to reduce 97% of chlorine, bad taste and odor, 99.6% of lead, 99.99% of cysts, 96.6% of benzene, 98.4% of carbofuran, 96.6% of endrin, etc.
How often should LG® 5231JA2002A filter be replaced?
You will need to change your refrigerator water filter every six months or 300 gallons, as:
- It produces great-tasting and great-smelling water.
- It helps reduce fine particles and sediment from the water.
- It prevents unabsorbed water contaminants and newly formed bacteria from being reintroduced into your drinking water.
- It prevents a decrease in water pressure from the dispenser.
- Drinking filtered water from your refrigerator can save you over $600 a year as compared to the use of bottled water.
How to install LG® LT500P® water filter?
Installation is easy. The detailed steps are as follows:
- Grasp the old filter, slowly rotate it 90° counterclockwise, and take it off the connector.
- Align the new filter with the connector and insert the top of it into the filter holder. Slowly rotate it 90° clockwise until it is firmly seated.
- Run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes to clean the system and prevent sputtering.
Does it have to be flushed out if black stuff in the water?
- At first, if you find black stuff in the water, it may be residual carbon particles. Please run water from the dispenser for 5 minutes about 2.5 gallons to clear the system.
Do I have to turn off the water before installing LG® 5231JA2002A fridge water filter?
- It is recommended to turn off the water before installing the new filter, because the current water pressure may affect the installation process. Reduce the probability of water leakage during installation.
Does this filter eliminate lead from drinking water?
- Yes, this Waterdrop Replacement for LG® LT500P® water filter adopts superior filtration material. It has been tested to reduce 99.6% of lead, 97% of chlorine, bad taste and odor, 99.99% of cysts, 98.4% of carbofuran, etc. And we use food-grade materials, we have used only safe materials in this refrigerator filter, as verified by the NSF 372 certification for lead-free materials.
Is Waterdrop Replacement for LG® LT500P® water filter BPA-free?
- Yes, please rest assured that our filters are BPA-free. We have passed NSF 53, 42, 372 certified - tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard. (For detailed information, please refer to the performance data sheet in the instruction manual.)
Does LG® 5231JA2002A fridge water filter have the coconut flavor?
- It does not have any flavor. It is just to replace the original filter, To keep the water clean and edible.
Do I really need to change the replacement for LG® LT500p® fridge water filter in my refrigerator?
- If you have a water dispenser or an ice maker in your refrigerator, you'll require a filter to reduce small particles of pollutants, such as lead and chlorine, and impurities that cause bad tastes or smells. The filters need to be changed regularly following the standards in your owner's handbook.
Can water filters be cleaned and reused this Waterdrop replacement for LG® LT500p® fridge water filter?
- It's a substantial benefit to have fresh, clear ice and tidy water within your reach via the door of your refrigerator. Keeping those conveniences tidy takes regular upkeep. Algae, sediment, minerals, and more can build up in the refrigerator's hard-working filter. This also allows for bacteria to grow on an overworked filter that's close to getting obstructed with all the unwanted particles it's holding back to prevent you from consuming it through your ice and water.
- But these substances cannot be completely cleaned out, the most convenient and quick way is to replace a new filter.
What causes LG® 5231JA2002A water filter to leak?
- Usually, this is due to a broken connection between the fridge and the filter.
- Sometimes, the wrong sized filter was installed, and needs to be replaced. Make certain that the water filter is inserted properly. Check the O-Rings at the end of the filter to see if they are stretched, cracked, or seated incorrectly.
- Check the filter compartment for cracks or damage.If the water filter is old, it may just have cracked with overuse.
- It is normal for some moisture to condense on the walls of the refrigerator when the doors are opened or closed. This will happen more often during the warmer, more humid months. Wipe up excess moisture with a dry cloth. Check the seals on the doors to make sure that they are not dirty or torn and thus preventing a proper seal.
Upgraded NSF certified refrigerator filter
- Tested by NSF 53 to reduce 99.6% of lead, 99.99% of cysts, 96.6% of benzene, 98.4% of carbofuran, and 96.6% of endrin.
- Tested by NSF 42 to reduce 97% of chlorine, sediment, rust, turbidity, bad taste and odor.
- Tested by NSF 372 for lead-free material. The safety of the product and drinking water is our concern.
Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI 42&53&372 in model EFF-6005S for the reduction of lead, cysts, benzene, carbofuran, endrin, chlorine, bad taste and odor, etc.
Perfect fit & no water leaks
- The filter perfectly fits LG®.
- The full compatibility reduces water leaks to almost none.
Coconut shell carbon block
- Harnesses the power from Sri Lankan coconut shell to make our carbon block filter.
- The high absorption rate of chlorine, bad taste and odor is one key reason why we excel.
Sells directly from the factory
- Selling directly from the factory to you with no resellers pocketing the money.
- Cheaper than OEM filters because there’s no brand tax added to the price.