Waterdrop Best Selling RO Systems Review
por Dr. Jonathan Doyle - Updated March 31, 2023
Waterdrop is one of the leading brands within the water filtration industry. With its revolutionary tankless design, the brand gains its fame for the reverse osmosis collection. The RO systems from Waterdrop look nothing like the traditional RO systems. They are solid, sleek, and stylish.
Each of the systems varies in shape, water output speed, drain ratio, and many other features. This blog will dive deep into the popular RO systems from Waterdrop, and provide you with a buying guide to help you choose a RO system for your home.
Waterdrop G3 RO Series
Waterdrop G3 is the first reverse osmosis system that the brand released in 2019. Unlike the bulky traditional RO system, this new up and comer stuns the industry with its revolutionary design, which saves much under sink space and brings more room for storage. The system also won the 2019 Reddot Design Award, enough to show the great aesthetic value.
Waterdrop introduced the G3P800 and G3P600 in 2021 and 2023, respectively. Both models were extensively adopted among users, with the G3 series eventually becoming the brand’s flagship product.
Check out big media news report for G3 series:
In terms of filtration performance, the G3 RO series is certified against NSF/ANSI 58 for TDS reduction and NSF/ANSI 372 certified for lead-free material. With a pore size of 0.0001 microns, the RO membrane is only big enough to allow the passage of water molecules while blocking other foreign components like pyrogens, bacteria, organics, and other water contaminants.
|Time to Market||2019||2023||2021|
|Flow Rate||400 GPD||600 GPD||800 GPD|
|Pure to Drain Rate||1:1||2:1||3:1|
|Faucet||Smart faucet (optional)||Smart faucet||Smart faucet|
|Fill up an 8 oz Cup||12s||8s||6s|
Unlike the traditional systems where the filtered water is stored in a water tank, the tankless design system means water coming out of the faucet is always clean and fresh without the risks of getting secondary pollution within the tank.
The easy installation is another great feature that shows how Waterdrop RO systems different from other brands. Designed for easy DIY, the G3 series has three integrated filters that can be installed and replaced within 3 seconds.
If you’re looking for a smart RO system with a tankless design, the Waterdrop G3 is an ideal option featuring a strong filtering performance, simple installation, quick water filtering rate, lower water waste, smart leakage detection, and faucet featuring smart technology.
Waterdrop D series
Waterdrop released the D series in 2020 featured by the unique one filter design. The D6 system is the only system that has come live so far, let’s take a look at it.
Waterdrop D6 RO water filter system adopts a 5-in-1 composite reverse osmosis filter with the DOW reverse osmosis membrane. This powerful filter is capable of reducing most harmful contaminants from water, including TDS, lead, chlorine, salt, nitrates, PFAS, lead, sodium, chromium, benzene, etc.
The single filter design suggests less maintenance time and cost, it also means a compact size that saves 70% of your under-sink space compared to traditional systems.
One highlight of the D6 system is the low noise design where you can barely hear anything after closing the under sink cabinet door. The sound is quieter than a running laptop.
The system is upgraded to have a flow rate of 600 GPD and a drain ratio of 2:1. The improved drain ratio means that dispensing 2 cups of pure water produces only 1 cup of wastewater. The D6 system comes with a smart and stylish faucet that has a high-end screen. The screen indicates the real-time TDS level and filter life status.
Also worthy of note is the waterproof design of the D6. As a result, you and your loved ones are at no risk of electrical leakage or shock. There are also automatic flushing and self-protection features to improve user experience. This means the filter system will flush itself automatically periodically, while the self-protection feature will inform you of water leakage.
With the Waterdrop D6 system, you get an upgraded RO water filter unit that delivers unlimited clean, healthy, and great-tasting water. It is easy to maintain and packs a few cool features. You can never go wrong installing one in your household.
Waterdrop Countertop RO Systems N1 and K19
There are tons of water treatment systems in the current market. However, the countertop reverse osmosis systems stand out of the pack, especially for their outstanding water purification performance. These systems are portable with impressive and consistent filtration performance. Unlike the traditional reverse osmosis systems, the countertop RO systems are designed for a more satisfactory purification performance and overall improved user experience.
If you are considering a switch to countertop RO systems, the Waterdrop N1 and K19 are the two options in that product line. However, while both models are similar, they are not identical. For instance, the K19 separates the tap water from the wastewater, storing it in a dedicated tank compartment. Therefore, when the K19 dispenses water, the wastewater is stored in a different space, thus improving its TDS removal capabilities.
Check the blog Waterdrop N1 VS K19, Which Countertop Reverse Osmosis System Wins Out? to learn more about the two countertop RO dispensers.
Waterdrop Instant Hot RO Systems K6 and K19-H
The instant hot water dispensers are somewhat similar to the tankless water purifiers. These systems also carries out layer-by-layer filtration using a combination of PP cotton, activated carbon, a RO membrane, and UV light. During purification, the heating element heats the purified water to provide premium heated, filtered water, all in a few seconds.
Waterdrop K6 Reverse Osmosis Instant Hot Water Dispenser
The Waterdrop K6 is the first-to-market instant hot reverse osmosis water filter the brand produced. This partly explains the enormous interest from potential consumers and users after its release into the market.
- Advanced Multistage Filtration
- The 5-in-1 efficient filter unit powering the K6 comprises a carbon block, a carbon fiber, an RO membrane, and two layers of PP cotton. With this, it carries out an efficient layer-by-layer filtration process that reduces a wide range of impurities in water, including TDS, chromium, chloride, nitrate, fluoride, PFAS, heavy metals, and salts from water, making the water pure, clean, great-tasting, and ready to drink.
- User-friendly Smart Display Faucet
- Waterdrop included a digital display faucet in the K6, which provides users essential information about their water, like the TDS level and filter condition, all in real time. It also allows you to adjust the temperature to your preference as part of an overall excellent user experience.
- Filtered Hot Water on Demand
- The Waterdrop K6 RO instant hot water filter system allows users to choose between a wide temperature range of 104℉ and 203℉. Now you can get hot filtered water for different domestic purposes, including cooking, making coffee, making tea, and preparing oatmeal.
- Best-in-Class Safety Measures
- The Waterdrop K6 prioritizes user safety. It monitors the water purification process to detect leakages. The inbuilt Child Lock offers more protection, while the Water Dispensing Temperature indicator helps prevent scaling. There is also a flowmeter and an overheating protection system that ensures the system does not dry burn during use.
Waterdrop K19-H Instant Hot Reverse Osmosis Water Dispenser
This year, Waterdrop launched another hot water dispenser, the Waterdrop K19-H, as an upgrade to the successful countertop water dispenser, the K19. Some of the upgrades in the K19-H include faster heating, efficient RO membrane, and flexibility for multiple applications.
- Multiple Temperature Options
- You can choose a preferred temperature for the filtered water from the Waterdrop K19-H. Whether you are making your baby food or preparing a quick coffee for yourself, you have four temperature modes to choose from, including room temperature, 45℃/113℉, 85℃/185℉, and 95℃/203℉. Once you set a preferred temperature, the system heats the water instantly, thanks to the V-heating technology, eliminating any wait time.
- Customizable Water Capacity
- While the K19-S limits users to only four water capacity options, the K19-H offers more freedom. You can choose from five different water capacity options, including 25oz, 16oz, 12oz, 8oz, and 5oz. This eliminates possible spilling once you choose the right water capacity that suits your needs.
- Outstanding Filtration Performance
- A combination of PP cotton, reverse osmosis membrane, activated carbon, and UV light in the K19-H provides a more efficient and reliable filtration performance that protects you and your family from the harm of contaminated drinking water.
- Water Saving and Cost Saving
- The Waterdrop K19-H Countertop Water Filter System has a 3:1 drain ratio—it produces one cup of wastewater for every three cups of filtered water. This translates to significantly reduced water consumption. With this drain water recycling technology, you can get up to 12 months of filter life from your system.
- 170 OZ high-capacity Tank
- The inbuilt tank in the Waterdrop K19-H has a 170 oz capacity. It is large enough to easily meet a medium-sized family’s daily drinking water needs. You will always have safe, healthy drinking water.
- Compact Design and Easy Installation
- Despite this large capacity, the system maintains a compact and space-saving form while providing filtered water daily. In addition, it is easy to install and requires no prior plumbing skill or experience. Just power on after use, and it is ready to commence filtration. You can place it in your kitchen, living room, RV, or other parts of your home.
I hope this blog would provide you with a better knowledge for choosing a RO systems from Waterdrop. You can utilize it as a complete buying guide to choose the RO system that fits your water needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 888-352-3558.
Choose Waterdrop and enjoy clean, safe and healthy drinking water from the first sip to the last drop.