How often have to change GE XWF water filter?
- For best filtration results, filter cartridge should be replaced every six months or 170 gallons.The lifespan may vary based on your water conditions.
How stop water from freezing in GE XWF water filter?
- We suggest checking the set temperature on your controls. If it is set colder than the recommended setting in your Owner's Manual, adjust to a warmer setting and allow 24-48 hours for the ice to clear (0°F Freezer, 37°F Refrigerator).
Does the light that tells me when to change XWF water filter shut off when I install this filter?
- That depends on the refrigerator, if the light goes out with a "name brand filter," it should go out with this one. And the light comes on when it is time to change the filter.
How to tell if GE XWF filter needs replacement？
- A slow decrease in water pressure.
- Checked the outside of the filter. Some filters come with lights that will activate when the filter isn’t working or needs to be changed out for a new filter.
- Drains or faucets start to make odd noises.
- Turbidity or bad tasting water.
What happens if I don't change your XWF replacement filter?
- Failing to change your fridge's water filter can cause scaling and deposit buildup in the water and ice machine, which can seriously damage your fridge. This buildup tends to slow down the system, causing low flow, and negatively affects the flavor of your water.
Can I clean my GE XWF water filter for reuse?
- We recommend replacing a new fridge water filter. Because if you choose to clean the old filter, it is more difficult for users to check whether the filter has been expired. But if your filter has already expired, after dumping all the debris from the old tube, the filter may no longer good as it used to be. This filter can no longer reduce harmful substances, residual chlorine, lead, heavy metals, and other substances in the water. So we recommend replacing a new fridge water filter on time, this way is more convenient and faster.
Why is it difficult to twist the new filter into the filter housing?
- The connector may expand because of water pressure. Therefore, it is recommended you push the new filter in with a little bit of force, but not too hard. Then turn it clockwise.
Must the GE XWF filter be changed every 6 months?
- Yes. Usually, you replace the filter every 6 months or sooner if water flow is reduced or if there is heavy sediment/rust sediment. Over-used filters will degrade the filtration performance.
Do I need to flush GE XWF filter after installation?
- After installation, it is highly recommended you run water from dispenser for 5 minutes before using. Water filters are made from advanced coconut carbon block, so there are some carbon fines in the filter. Flushing reduces the carbon fines to produce clean water.
Why is my XWF filter clogged?
- Maybe you need a whole house down sediment water filter, it's the first line of defense in the house. the filter blocks impurities such as rust or small objects. The filtered water rarely causes water clogging in the refrigerator.
The Waterdrop WD-XWF is replacement for following model numbers:
Filter Models: GE XWF
Refrigerator Models: Selected GE French Door and Side-by-Side refrigerators manufactured after June 2018. Applicable to models starting with GBE21, GDE21, GDE25, GFE24, GFE26, GNE21, GNE25, GNE27, GWE19, GYE18, QNE27, GSE25, GSS23, GSS25, GZS22, PSE25, CZS22
Maxblue MB-XWF, AQUACREST AQF-XWF, Filterlogic FL-RF48, Waterspecialist WS648A, Crystala CF9, Pureza PF9, Glacier Fresh GF-XWF
*The following claims have not been tested and certified by NSF: compatibility claims.
The above statement is accordance with the NSF General Policy 25. Please note the certification information is only applicable to Waterdrop, not representing other brands on this page.
**The above brands do not source or sponsor the water filter. The manufacturers' names and model numbers have been used for reference purposes only.
The manufacturer is HongKong Ecoaqua Co., Limited. Made in P.R.C